Top 8 Reasons to DIY
Few things compare to the satisfaction of emerging paint-splattered or covered in saw dust from the garage after a hard day’s work. Doing it yourself offers real gratification and empowerment in making something with your own two hands.
Don’t believe us? Here are just a few reasons to DIY:
- You won’t know if you can do it until you try.
- If you are human and able to follow directions, there is a 95% chance that you will succeed. There are so many resources to assist you:
- Friendly and knowledgeable instructors at I Made It
- Google: try searching “how-to make a table” (or whatever creation you can think of!)
- Find a friend who is willing to help, two heads are better than one!
- Youtube: So many videos that show everything from making dovetail joins to how to use a hammer and anything in between.
- You can complete your project now instead of waiting for someone else to do it.
- Bragging rights.
- More customizable: make it exactly how you want! You are making your own art, and what’s important to your art is what you say is important.
- Cost effective: most of the time when you see that amazing piece of furniture at a designer store, you wind up with a huge case of sticker shock. Making it yourself leads to a much happier wallet.
- Your best self: Gets your mind working and your body moving, so much better than sitting on your butt watching Netflix.
- The sense of accomplishment you get when you succeed is HUGE!(We can’t emphasize this enough!)
Sign up here to get started on your next amazing DIY project.