Top 8 Reasons to DIY
Admit it.Few things compare to the satisfaction of emerging paint-splattered or covered in saw dust from the garage after a hard day’s work. Doing it yourself offers real gratification and empowerment in making something with your own two hands.
Don’t believe us? Here are just a few reasons to DIY:
- You won’t know if you can do it until you try.
- If you are human and able to follow directions, there is a 95% chance that you will succeed. There are so many resources to assist you:
- Friendly and knowledgeable instructors at I Made It
- Google: try searching “how-to make a table” (or whatever creation you can think of!
- Find a friend who is willing to help, two heads are better than one!
- Youtube: So many videos that show everything from making dovetail joins to how to use a hammer and anything in between.
- You can complete your project now instead of waiting for someone else to do it.
- Bragging rights.
- More customizable: make it exactly how you want! You are making your own art, and what’s important to your art is what you say is important.
- Cost effective: most of the time when you see that amazing piece of furniture at a designer store, you wind up with a huge case of sticker shock. Making it yourself leads to a much happier wallet.
- Your best self: Gets your mind working and your body moving, so much better than sitting on your butt watching Netflix.
- The sense of accomplishment you get when you succeed is HUGE!(We can’t emphasize this enough!)
From helping you uncover your own natural talents to pointing you towards your values and passions,’ DIY-ing is a illuminating way of finding your inner creativity and discovering a love for learning. Once you start, it’s hard to stop! Doing-it-yourself becomes not just a single project, but a way of life.
Sign up here to get started on your next amazing DIY project.