WOODWORKING AND RESIN: HOW TO GET IN ON THE BEST NEW FURNITURE TREND

WOODWORKING AND RESIN: HOW TO GET IN ON THE BEST NEW FURNITURE TREND

WOODWORKING AND RESIN: HOW TO GET IN ON THE BEST NEW FURNITURE TREND

You’re probably asking, “What’s the big deal with resin anyways?” We’re here to explain. Using resin in woodworking is great to add interest, color, and surprisingly enough – sturdiness to your wood project. There is an infinite amount of ways to combine resin with woodworking, so we will just show you a few of our favorite projects made at I Made It Workshop.

ADDING ITEMS TO RESIN

In this project, they decided to add bits of leaves and berries floating in the resin. It adds an extra element of nature and woods to the piece. We’ve also had pieces where people added coins, small toys, and even a mini-figurine!

Here they added peacock feathers and bits of lavender in between a piece of pine and walnut to create a desktop.

POUR-OVERS

Resin is most often commercially used for bar tops because they add extreme durability and great looking shine that is hard to replicate any other way! In this video they are pouring over the entirety of their table to stabilize and secure both wood pieces. (They even added rocks in the middle to look like a riverbed!)

COLORED RESIN

For this project, Sarah wanted to put blue colored resin into the cracks of her slab of walnut. To do this she got blue powder and a silver powder to mix into the clear epoxy. The effect is a bright luminescent color in your wood!

Here’s a video of the pour being done!

Sarah then did a final clear pour over on the entire project to give it a glassy effect!

If you want help in creating your very own resin piece for your home, I Made It can help with every step of the process! Let us know in the comments what your favorite piece is or what you would want to make!

11 Comments

• EulaliaSmall

Reply November 16, 2017 11:19 am

I have checked your site and i’ve found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google’s search results, but there is
    a tool that can help you to create 100% unique articles, search for:
    Boorfe’s tips unlimited content

• IsabelleSmall

Reply November 17, 2017 7:38 am

I have checked your page and i’ve found some
    duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google, but there is a tool that can help you to
    create 100% unique articles, search for: Boorfe’s tips unlimited content

• Michael

Reply November 19, 2017 11:54 am
  • FirstTamika

Reply November 20, 2017 2:05 am

I see you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got high quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra $$$, search for: Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative

• FirstWilda

Reply November 21, 2017 3:52 pm

because you’ve got hi quality content. If you want to know how to make extra money, search for:
    Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative

• Rite

Reply November 26, 2017 2:01 am

I love looking at your site. Cheers! http://bit.ly/2A612UY

• All xDay Chemist

Reply November 26, 2017 8:22 am

Neat Website, Continue the useful job. Thank you so much! http://bit.ly/2As3HsR

• RondaSmall

Reply November 26, 2017 5:43 pm

I have checked your page and i have found some duplicate content,
    that’s why you don’t rank high in google’s search results, but
    there is a tool that can help you to create 100%
    unique articles, search for; Boorfe’s tips unlimited content

• Alldaychemist

Reply December 1, 2017 5:11 am

say thanks to a lot for your internet site it aids a
    lot.

• Sophia

Reply December 1, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks for sharing the information. i really enjoyed your blog article. and you’r writing a good point.

• Grace Curran

Reply December 1, 2017 10:35 pm

PLEASE READ: My name is Grace Curran, I would like to talk about an experience that has been of great help to my business and my family in general, after I lost my husband. Just last month suffered a great loss in my business that got me in so much debt, I couldn’t help it. I was at the verge of being homeless and loosing my business due to bad credit and debts. I became so desperate that I didn’t know where to get help, I couldn’t get a loan from banks and other financial institution I contacted due to my bad credit. Then I set out to seek other alternative, where I got scammed of $3,100. Until I read about Juan Limited. where I got a loan without stress. I now have a decent credit, my debt paid and my business running more than ever and my credit fully settled. You can as well reach them at: juanfinanceltd@gmail.com or call/ text: (802) 242-0036, for more Information. All thanks to God almighty and the management of Juan Limited for making this come through. I am sharing this so that everyone who are in need can be a part of it.